House Fire Cleanup
A house fire in Reading, PA, or any other small town, big city or sprawling suburb, could range from a nuisance to a nightmare, depending on the severity of the blaze. A fire of any size is likely to cause smoke damage, but it is reassuring to know that professionals can work quickly to get you back to your comfortable routines more quickly than you might expect.
Remediating Smoke and Soot.
Fires can cause many kinds of damage to a house. After seeing to everyone’s safety, the next priority is to assess the type and extent of the damage and to secure the structure, all of which can be handled at any time of day or night by professionals.
• Repairing structural damage to the house may require partial demolition.
• Water removal will usually begin quickly and progress to the use of air movers and dehumidifiers to completely dry the environment.
• Smoke damage and soot damage require the specialized equipment and techniques that professionals use to treat walls, ceilings and any other surfaces that have been compromised.
• Structures and items that are restorable will usually receive special cleaning, such as steam cleaning of carpets and upholstery and dry cleaning of other fabrics such as window treatments. Fogging equipment is highly effective in smoke cleaning and can be part of the remediation process.
• Restoration work may entail replacement of drywall and carpets or other types of flooring, depending on the extent and type of damage.
• Painting walls and ceilings can restore the beauty of your home and prepare for the return of your furnishings and treasured belongings.
A home is a sanctuary for you and your loved ones, and the thought of being displaced by fire can certainly be nerve-wracking. But with today’s technological expertise, reclaiming your home from smoke damage and soot is more easily achievable than it has ever been.
For more information, please visit us at http://www.SERVPROreading.com.