Are you ready? Be prepared!
Severe weather can happen any time, anywhere. Each year, Americans cope with an average of the following intense storms*:
- 10,000 severe thunderstorms
- 5,000 floods or flash floods
- 1,000 tornadoes
- 2 landfalling deadly hurricanes
Approximately 98 percent of all presidentially declared disasters are weather-related, leading to around 500 deaths per year and nearly $15 billion in damage. * Knowing your risk of severe weather, taking action and being an example are just a few steps you can take to be better prepared to save your life and assist in saving the lives of others.
How to be prepared:
- A gallon of water per person per day.
- Supply of non-perishable packaged or canned food and a manual can opener.
- Change of clothing, rain gear and sturdy shoes.
- Blankets and sleeping bags.
- First aid kit and prescription medications.
- Battery-powered radio, flashlight and plenty of extra batteries.
- Credit cards, cash and extra set of car keys.
- List of family physicians.
- Special items for infants,elderly or disabled family members.
Call SERVPRO of Reading for to get a ERP in place for your facility can help minimize business interruption in the event of a disaster.
Like us on FACEBOOK!