SERVPRO Mitigates Reading Mold Damage 24/7
Sophisticated Mold Remediation Technologies Restore Reading Properties
Mold impacts approximately 70% of homes all over the United States, including in Reading. Microbes cannot be entirely removed because mold spores exist in all properties on some level. However, professional cleanup can restore comfort and safety after mold damage and return the property to a pre-damage state.
Reading SERVPRO mold restoration professionals provide 24/7 cleanup for homeowners. This process includes inspection, careful demolition of unsalvageable materials, and documentation of affected structures and belongings to aid homeowners and claims adjusters.
What exactly is mold?
While homeowners may know what mold is generally, the term is quite broad in scope. It refers to organisms that digest organic materials and reproduce by releasing spores that cling to other organic surfaces to repeat the cycle. Mildew, fungi, and even rust can fit into this broad category of microorganisms.
Some forms of mold are much more common than others in residences. These common species can include Aspergillus and Alternaria. Conditions like limited ventilation, excess condensation buildup and relative humidity levels above 40% can exacerbate mold growth, leading to stains and odors on walls and ceilings.
Some of the most vulnerable residential surfaces include:
- Rugs and carpets
- Insulation, particularly those made of cotton or cellulose
- Wood furniture, flooring, wall studs, and ceiling joists
- Tile grout and caulk, especially in bathrooms
HVAC systems can also be impacted by mold growth. Vents can enable spores to spread when fans, air conditioning, or heating are on and allow spores to multiply inside the ductwork. Professional mold mitigation technicians can prevent the impact caused by this with a combination of thorough remediation training and commercial-grade tools and biocides.
SERVPRO's mold remediation loadout for residential disasters
Mold requires specialized care to safely return the property affected to a clean, pre-disaster state after disaster strikes. SERVPRO technicians are certified to meet Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards for mold cleanup and rebuilding services.
Equipment used during microbial remediation can include:
- Multiple inspection tools, including penetrating and non-penetrating sensors and meters calibrated to measure surfaces like wood and drywall. Some sensors focus on shallow depth readings or surface-level measurements, while others need to be more in-depth to formulate an accurate drying plan
- SERVPRO's personal protective equipment (PPE) and containment tools help create a safe, contained space for remediation that prevents mold from spreading to other properties. These processes also include such practices as
- Erecting polyethylene sheeting to seal doorways and ventilation intakes
- Temporary sealing of contaminated or damaged ductwork
- Establishing a decontamination area for equipment and PPE used during restoration
- Moisture extraction, typically implemented with portable hot-water extractors, helps eliminate excess moisture from many types of household surfaces, including upholstery, drapes, rugs, carpet, and wood furniture
- Drying equipment, which includes powerful air movers and dehumidifiers, removes excess moisture to dry spaces to humidity levels consistent with the rest of the home. SERVPRO professionals inspect unaffected materials when possible to determine an ideal moisture content for contents during the inspection and planning process.
- Deodorizers are implemented with fogging equipment to eliminate residual mold and moisture odors that can affect the comfort of a space. Deodorizers work on porous surfaces and can also be used on sheet metal and duct board HVAC.
SERVPRO of Reading is ready to return homes to a preloss condition when property owners call (610) 779-8189.