Salvageable Items During Mold Removal in Reading
Saving Mementos Damaged by Mold Infestations in Reading
Mold infestations can damage personal belongings, contents, family mementos, and structures in many Reading homes. Clients naturally want to save everything they can, especially family heirlooms with sentimental value. Porous items such as clothing keepsakes, paper products, and photos are among the many things clients strongly desire to save. Non-porous items are much easier to clean and remove all traces of mold.
SERVPRO provides mold removal services to residents living in Reading and the surrounding area. We urge clients to throw away items exposed to mold. Included in this list are things such as:
- Porous items such as linens, drywall, and carpet
- Papers that do not hold any value to the client
- Clothing, drapes, and blinds
- Food items in contact with mold, including canned goods and kitchen appliances
- Mold can contaminate items in 24 to 48 hours
Many items can be salvageable with varying degrees of success depending on the porosity of the article:
- We can clean nonporous items, e.g., glass, plastic, tile, metal, and sealed wood products.
- Mold-contaminated clothing can be laundered if the clothing is not discolored.
- Once clothing is discolored, laundering will not be successful.
- Electronics can be recovered; however, professional servicing is usually needed even after removing mold and water.
- Valuable papers such as birth certificates, wedding papers, and photographs can be saved if immediately placed in the freezer, freeze-dried, and cleaned.
SERVPRO IICRC-certified mold removal technicians can provide guidance and suggestions regarding recovering and restoring your cherished family heirlooms after they have been contaminated by mold. As soon as clients observe mold in their homes, call SERVPRO to take immediate action before there is long-term permanent damage to your home and its contents.
Call SERVPRO of Reading for mold removal services. We provide service to Reading and nearby areas. We can help 24/7. Call (610) 779-8189.