How Can Reading Homeowners Prevent Basement Flood Damage?
SERVPRO Provides Emergency Response Flood Damage Assistance in Reading
Approximately 98% of basements in the United States experience flood damage in their lifetime, regardless of whether the property is in a designated flood zone. Reading homeowners can prepare for floods to lessen the damage. However, they still need a safe and fast-acting solution when the disaster is too big to handle.
SERVPRO provides flood damage remediation for Reading properties, including water removal, structural drying, mold remediation, and even build-back services. This restoration firm coordinates with property owners and insurers for a comprehensive and streamlined restoration service.
Safely Navigating Basement Flood Damage
Homeowners can lessen the impact of basement flooding with several methods:
- Consider using water-resistant paints and hydraulic cement to waterproof walls and fill in cracks that water can seep through.
- Make sure to clean and maintain gutters and downspouts. Clogged gutters can redirect water into a basement or other parts of the home instead of away from it.
- Check the grading around the property, and consider landscaping strategies like French drains and rain gardens.
- Elevate basement furniture at least several inches with cinder blocks, planks, or palettes
- Consider installing a sump pump that can sufficiently drain water from the basement and water sensors to quickly alert property owners to water coming into the property.
SERVPRO tackles flood damage with careful debris removal, commercial-grade personal protective equipment, and EPA-registered biocides to combat bacteria and fungi. Technicians take meticulous, room-by-room inventory when extensive damage occurs to perform offsite restoration in a SERVPRO warehouse.
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster and proud to serve the community. SERVPRO of Reading is ready to jump into action when property owners call (610) 779-8189.